Welcome to the web page of the Exceptional Programs Department of the Taos Municipal Schools!
Every child and youth with exceptionalities has the right to a free, appropriate public education in a safe environment. It is the goal of the Taos Municipal School District, and the Department of Special Education, in particular, to help students with exceptionalities develop their potential in becoming independent, adjusted, and competent members of society.
* All students can learn.
* Parents, family members, and school staff are essential partners working together to guarantee that their child receives the best education possible.
* All students should be educated, as much as possible, with their peers.
* Early identification of students who may be exceptional is extremely important.
* The wide range of special education services must be individualized and evaluated for their effectiveness.
Jim Ivanovich Exceptional Programs
310 Camino de la Placitas Taos, NM 87571
(575) 737-6114 or (575)- 737-6115 Rayne Medina